6.23.2008
take it easy.


Driving back to Minneapolis from my winter in Phoenix, we neared the exit for Winslow, Arizona along the interstate. A bug of nostalgia struck me as the Eagles song "Take It Easy" started playing in my head. I was determined to grab a photo actually 'standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona' but we couldn't seem to find the landmark spot (err, corner) as advertised on the interstate billboard. There wasn't much to the town itself, but nevertheless we passed by this run down gas station and it was like a bolt of lightning struck down and told me to stop and take a photo. Its not every day you come across a scene as picture perfect as this. Call me crazy, but I still can't look at these photos without getting that darn song stuck in my head! {sj}


Labels: ,

3 Comments:
Blogger Mikey P said...
Classic photos. They would make a good poster.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Love these pics! Beautiful colors!

AH! I love your old car stuff. I should buy a print of one of them to hang on my bare walls!