7.19.2008
when photographers gather.
It's not often, especially this time of year, that photographers will take time out of their busy schedules to do a photo shoot JUST for art's sake.... perhaps something a little off the wall or something a customer would never ask for. We all KNOW we should set aside time for these "art shoots" if only to keep fresh in our heads why we love photography so much.  A little over a week ago, I got together with Jayson to do just that. He's been tossing around the idea for a 'returned-from-the-dead bride' photo shoot for awhile now, so we scheduled some time for it! His employee, Marissa, agreed to put on an old wedding dress and 'goth up' her makeup. We headed to a cemetery near Jayson's  studio and hoped people wouldn't think we were there to cause trouble! The light was just PERFECT!

I was thinking of waiting for a more appropriate 'Halloween time' to share them (rather than now, in the midst of wedding season) Then I thought about it some more and figured, hey-- why not!? 


Kind of freaky? Yes, I agree. But its all in good fun!

On a side note, these gave me the perfect opportunity to play with some new textures and actions I recently purchased from one of my favorite photographers, Michelle Black. She is a photographic ROCK STAR and sells some wonderful resources for photographers!

I caught some cool shots of Marissa's precious dog Jack, too--what a face!!






One more photo from the fun evening... 
I was needing a photo (of myself) for the "meet the artist" page of my new website (coming soon!)
So, Jay snapped this cool shot of me when the light was just right.  You would never know it was actually taken in a cemetery!! 


Thanks, Jay and Marissa! I never thought I could have so much fun running around a cemetery!
{sj}

Labels: ,