8.08.2008
debut of {fine art} fridays.

I have decided to start a weekly Friday post to showcase a piece of art from the {fine art} section of my website and tell the story behind it. I will start off with one my most favorite (and requested) art photos, taken in Dubrovnik, Croatia almost exactly a year ago.

While riding on a tour bus after a long, amazing day of sightseeing, wine tasting and photo-taking I wasn't really on the lookout for more photo-ops. I was visiting with some fellow travelers about our day when all of the sudden I randomly glanced out the window and saw this amazing, lone tree. It was as if time stopped for a moment as I quickly scrambled to grab up my camera (still on, and miraculously set to the right speed!) to take a one-shot chance at capturing this scene through the bus window. It all happened in a matter of 3 seconds, and I honestly didn't think the shot had turned out at first. So many factors needed to be in place, especially dealing with a moving bus, low light, the potential glass glare and distortion of shooting through a window. The minute I saw this single frame show up on the computer screen.. I knew it was pure gold. No motion blur... no glass glare.. just nature's perfection at its finest.

After a few minor photoshop adjustments to color and contrast, I added a canvas texture overlay to frame the image, add in some playful rust-colored tones and enhance the overall mood.

It still amazes me to think about how quick this perfect shot was captured, yet how long this image will remain frozen in time forever as a piece of art, and memory of a wonderful sightseeing adventure.

Have a great weekend, folks!
{sj}

Labels:

1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Lovely photo Sara -- I so enjoy reading the blog and seeing the great pictures!