11.13.2008
{off with her hair}
Meet my adorable friend Alyssa.

She recently had a birthday and decided it was the perfect time to go for a completely different 'look'. After much thought and a promising consultation, she scheduled her appointment. I'm so excited to report that she also donated 11 inches of hair to Locks of Love! How awesome!

Immediately after leaving the salon, she drove to my place for a photo shoot so we could document her cute new look. Isn't it great!! You have to be careful when telling your girl friends that their new style makes them look 'older'... but I'd like to think we are young enough where 'older' is still interpreted in a positive way -- you know, more 'grown up'. At least I hope so, because my immediate reaction was "You look older! I love it!!!"

On a side note, I was excited to do my first photo shoot in the backyard area of my new place here in St Louis Park. It sits next to a 100-acre nature preserve that is just BEAUTIFUL!

This wasn't exactly the first time I've photographed Alyssa, so I even have some before images to include in this blog! The 'long hair' photos were taken last February when Alyssa came to visit me in Phoenix. (I was living there for the winter)




and *drumroll please* here is her sassy new look!


Alyssa, I'm so proud of you for being so daring with your new style!! Can't wait for our next photo shoot!!! {s.j}

Labels:

1 Comments:
Blogger alyssa said...
ahhhhhh!! i love this. thank you so much for making me feel so special. :)

i love your work -- thank YOU for taking the afternoon to shoot me!